Monday, March 4, 2013


I don’t have a favorite book but one book I liked was I AM OZZY by Ozzy Osbourne. I liked this because I enjoy music and the whole book was about his music career. Another reason I liked reading this book is because Osbourne makes music that is catorized in the same genera as I listen to. This makes me like to read the book even more because I can’t relate and know what he is talking about so I’m not confused and lost in the book. 

Some of the genres I read is realistic fiction, nonfiction, and biographies. 

The I’m reading right now is called the Absolute Value of Mike. This book is about a kid named mike whose father is a mathematical engineer genius. Mike on the other hand is the opposite. He has trouble in learning math and engineer and is scared that he will complete disappoint his father when mike is sent to live with his great-uncle and great-aunt to complete a project that his father assigned. The project mike is sent out to accomplish is to build an artesian screw, but when he gets there he finds out that the project is actually called artist’s crew and his father misunderstood what the whole project was. Mike ends up having to help a group of people to raise a bunch of money so that they can enable a minster to adopt a child from Romania. It seams almost impossible for mike and the crew to raise enough money for the minister but Mike didn’t come all this way for nothing. He has to come up with a plan to collect $40,000 in just 3 weeks!!! That seems completely impossible, but Mike knows he’ll find a way to. There are a lot of talented people in the town he’s staying at and if he could only find away to use there talents to make money for the minister then It wont be easy but possible. Getting the money is one problem but explaining everything to his dad, well that’s a different story that Mike will have to deal with after he gets everything under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment